Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Storms of Life


©
Dawn J. Sagert

This is the first version of my first multimedia project. I happened upon Carol after the tornado hit Parkersburg, Iowa in May of 2008, and she has allowed me to follow her on her journey through cancer. Above is the first version that I am turning in for my long-term project assignment for my Advanced Photojournalism class that I am re-taking this semester (as a refresher). I also shot some video, but have not had the time to incorporate that into the piece yet. So, for now...this is Carol's story up to this point in time. It is an ongoing journey that I will continue to follow.

I want to thank those who have offered their time and advice to me through this learning process. You are very much appreciated!
Feedback is encouraged and appreciated :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, Dawn - this is amazing and beautiful.

riskitall said...

It is a hard story to read about such a wonderful person! One thing for sure we love you Carol and Richard and I know God is with you! You are a real blessing to anyone who is around you!

Unknown said...

Wow friend! I am so grateful that the Lord has put us together for such a time as this! I'm truly blessed to know you and Mr. Carol Smiley, what awesome friends you are and friends of God! Blessings on ya! :..nice house! :)